Old May 17th 05, 10:25 PM
Rona Y.

Karen wrote:
in article ,

No kidding. And why would wild cats kill them and leave them? And if
these cats have been around a long while, why they suddenly be
killing the crows. Sorry, but those things are about as big as a cat
and why would they attack crows when there is surelyother easier prey
around. Sounds like someone is just looking for a reason.

Oh, they most definitely are looking for a reason. They've been trying to
get rid of these cats for a long time, but those who are interested in
animal protection (there are so very few of them--this is Japan, after all)
have managed to stave off the cat haters. I'm really worried that they'll
use this now. As a non-Japanese, my clout here is almost nil. However, I'm
hoping to convince some of the more rational people that the cats are not at
fault. This could be a difficult battle!

rona

"[America] is filled with people who decided not to live in Europe. We
had people who really wanted to live in Europe, but didn't have the
energy to go back. We call them Canadians." ---Grover Norquist in
Newsweek, November 22, 2004