Old December 21st 04, 09:09 PM
Slimpickins

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2004-12-21, Slimpickins penned:

I really wonder why Siamese and Himalayan's are NOT bred? To me, this is

no brainer. Blue was such a sweet cat and so beautiful ( he was apricot
flame point), inside and out. He neeever had any behaval problems /

issues.
Would come if I whistled, was extremely obedient and loyal. Extremly

docile
and gentle. Good God, I can't even begin to name all the excellent

charator
traits that he had.

Needlesstosay, I would get another fifty-fifty-(Siamese and Himalayan

breed
of cat) in a heart-beat if* I knew where they were available, And if I

knew
about the parent/cats' personality.

Honestly, IMO, this 'mix' should* be a *new* breed, no doubt in my

mind.
And I can't believe that if, and since, the 'Persian' breed is so

readily
available ( and I personally would NOT want a Persian), then why* in

the
world isn't the Siamese and Himalayan 'Mixed blend' available??! Comments
and suggestions are welcome.

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

I'm sure that your Blue was all these things and more, but he's one data
point. Even if you did get another siamese/himalayan, there's no

guarantee
the cat would have all of the traits you loved about Blue. It wouldn't be
fair to the new cat, either, to expect it to behave a certain way just

because
another cat did. Half the fun of a pet or child is watching them develop
their own unique personalities!

Congrats on Dove!

**Thank you, Monique. And yes, Dove is "Ma boy!" ;-).

I was thinking along the lines that everything I've read regarding
Himalayan's say that they are known for being extremely docile and gentle
( save for the occasional anomalies and inbreds). Siamese are known for
being very loyal and smart. To me this combo = Excellence.

So why not breed for those not so common and excellent traits... Hummm.. I
think I've had a light bulb moment :-). I have just* discovered my new
occupation...Now, if I can jussst find the right people that haven't* (oh,
this is a Biggie) already spayed their great & beautiful Siamese's and
Himalayans.
I digress.

ML