Old May 26th 08, 10:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
PRW

Default Cat ingested ant/roach spray ... possibility of lasting damage?

On May 26, 4:21 pm, "-L." wrote:

I would be more concerned at this point with his survival. Worry
about lasting effects if and when he pulls through.

-L.

I'm the OP responding under a different account since I'm away from
home and not using Outlook Express ... I am very worried about the
cat's survival, to the point of pretty much not being able to
function, especially since it's my fault that he's in this
predicament, and am not going to stop worrying until he's home.
However, as I said in my original post, our vet gave us every
indication today that the cat will survive this and will be as good as
new within 24 hours. (He said that about 4 hours and 50 minutes ago,
I'm watching the clock.)

The reason for my post was that I did not have time to discuss any
potential long-lasting effects with our vet, being that since he had
to come in on a holiday, he was the only person there and had to set
up and do everything himself and he wanted to get our cat back to the
treatment area and get a dose of atropine in him ASAP. Hopefully I
will be able to have that conversation with him tomorrow when
hopefully I'll pick the cat up, and I was just looking for a little
info so that I wouldn't go into the conversation unprepared.