Old November 28th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

Default I have a kitten who is facinated with water and purposely tips the dogs water bowl over

And I thought I was the only one who had cats that loved water! One of my
guys, Jack, went through the same thing when he was little. Everytime I
would put water in his bowl (which was constantly of course) he would walk
right over, put his little paw on the edge of the bowl, and tip the water
bowl over. It got to the point that my floor started to warp from all of the
water. I eventually had to go out and get a heavy bowl that he was not able
to tip. But, then like someone else here said, he found the toilet bowl.
Now, everytime I flush the toilet, he comes running into the bathroom, puts
his two paws on the toilet seat and watches the water go round and round. I
should try and get a pic or video of that. It is adorable!

lovemm wrote:
My kitten, Sally Saucer likes to tip the dogs water bowl over. After
coming home several times to a soaked floor I finally caught her. She
stands on the edge of the bowl so that it tips then she watches the
water run and is transfixed by it's movement. When it stops running she
licks some of it up then forgets about it (until it is full again) and
goes off to get into other mischief. Today I'm going to purchase a
tip-proof water bowl.