Old April 5th 07, 05:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Meghan Noecker

Default Lethargy, voice loss, weight loss, thirst

On Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:04:39 GMT, "Moongal"
wrote:

How would the vet know your cat is anemic without a blood test? The
symptoms sure sound like it, but I didn't think you could know for sure
without testing the blood (I'm certainly not a medical expert though!)

When Kira's anemia was at its worst, her blood was very thick. The vet
brough the sampe back to the room and showed it to me. He said it was
obviously worse, and we increased her meds. The bloodwork confirmed
his beliefs.

The prednisolone did help her anemia, and for about a month, she had
great bloodwork results and was back to normal. Unfortunately, she
dropped back, and it was too late that time to save her.

My vet also prescribed a liquid supplement for anemia, another
medicine that goes after parasites that don't always show up in tests,
and a supplement to help her nutrition since she wasn't eating as
well.