Old October 24th 04, 04:13 AM
Sherry

Someone from
the UK flamed me good one time for using the word "dander

Now, what's wrong with that word? Is it another word, like f*nny, that
doesn't mean anything bad over here but does over there?

You know, to this day I don't know. I kind of suspect he just didn't know what
the word meant.
snipped.

There was a horrid
creature from the UK that used to be on the cat groups who called
me "harpic." I'd never heard that one either!

That's a new one. I assume it means "harpie-like"? Nice.

LOL, no. IIRC, I was told that it was a toilet bowl cleaner, and there was a TV
commercial or something that said it "Cleans 'round the bend." Thus, "harpic"
was supposed mean somebody who was " 'round the bend", or off their rocker.

Sherry

Joyce