Old January 9th 05, 09:46 PM
Christina Websell

"Monique Y. Mudama" wrote in message
On 2005-01-09, Christina Websell penned:

I'd love to do that. However only the top managers are allowed access to
the Internet at work, and alas, I am not one... ;-)

Tweed

Fortunately, as a s/w developer, I need access to the net. Actually, I
can
think of very few jobs where access to the resources available online
would be
useless, but unfortunately, I can't force all bosses to recognize that =/

Ah, but you see, it costs money. We are a government agency responsible for
all the money we spend to the taxpayer. If Tweed, (not a top manager) was
allowed access to the Internet on her work PC, she would not do any work at
all, and would just surf the net all day and play games online. Costing the
council money. Costing the taxpayers money.
They think.
The reality is I have far too much work to do to play about online, but I
sure would appreciate access to it if I needed it. Not likely, though, I'm
too lowly and because of that I cannot be trusted to have access to the
Internet at work and use it appropriately. sigh

Tweed