Old January 10th 05, 02:46 PM
jmcquown

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
On 2005-01-09, Christina Websell penned:

I'd love to do that. However only the top managers are allowed
access to the Internet at work, and alas, I am not one... ;-)

Tweed

Fortunately, as a s/w developer, I need access to the net. Actually,
I can think of very few jobs where access to the resources available
online would be useless, but unfortunately, I can't force all bosses
to recognize that =/

But on the flip side... I used to get very, very irritated when I was
working my ass off and a couple of people in the department were doing
nothing but sufing the web. It was part of my job as a senior support
analyst to review calls escalated to me; I had to determine if there was an
immediate solution or whether a developer would need to fix a bug. These
same 'surfers' would escalate calls to me with no research, no attempts to
even try any of the documented solutions. So you can understand my
irritation; they doubled my workload because they were playing all day.

Jill