Old February 2nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Age Appropriate Dress?

Yoj wrote:

Engineers and computer programmers can often get away with dressing in a
manner that would earn another type of office worker a reprimand.

One of the things I've always enjoyed about being a programmer and
technical writer (another techie position without a dress code).

I don't mind having to dress up for certain occasions, and in many
cases, it's a matter of respect. For example, I wouldn't show up at
a funeral in ratty shorts and a t-shirt, unless I knew that the people
attending the funeral were going to be dresses similarly.

There's a big difference in my mind between dressing nicely or
conservatively because certain social situations demand it, and curtailing
your style or comfort simply because some people think you "should" or
"shouldn't" wear certain clothes, *ever*.

Joyce