Old June 10th 04, 03:34 AM
Marina

"JBHajos" wrote
gentle snip

When we started working there, I felt deep pity and sorrow for these
poor creatures. The staffer told me not to feel sorry for them, they
didn't know they were handicapped, and were happy. Hard to believe
but by the time we left, I knew it was true. Absolutely!! There is
no self-pity - - they embraced life the way it is.

It does sound like a wonderful experience. I remember my ex-boss saying once
that animals heal from illnesses so much quicker than humans because animals
don't feel sorry for themselves. I think there's a lot of truth in that.
I've tried to learn that from all the cats I've lived with.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki