Old March 21st 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Buddy's Mom

Default Fancy Feast

Thanks, but he likes the grilled chicken or grilled turkey - newer
versions and the label does say that it contains wheat gluten - which
is why I am worried. The local vet says that the wheat was
contaminated with mold - but I don't know his source on that.

On Mar 21, 9:16�am, "MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER
wrote:
"Buddy's Mom" wrote in message

oups.com...

Is anyone else still feeding with canned Fancy Feast? *I haven't seen
it on the recall list, but I stopped using it yesterday - just in
case. *Seems like they are adding to the list all the time.

However, every time I go to feed the kitty with hard food he goes to
the cupboard that the canned food is in and just stands there looking
at me.

The recalls seem to be associated with gluten, so I suggest that you check
the list of ingredients to see if gluten is listed. *PetFoodDirect.com makes
it very easy to check ingredients for every pet food they carry (just click
on the name of the product and then on "details"), so I just checked one of
the Fancy Feast items for you. *There was no gluten listed for FF Chopped
Grill Feast. *I don't know if that's the variety you use, but you could
easily do the same thing. *I find it much easier to go to PetFoodDirect's
web site than to try to read the labels on the cans because print is *so*
small on most of those labels.

MaryL

Photos of Duffy and Holly: * * *'o'
Duffy: *http://tinyurl.com/cslwf