Old June 26th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
blkcatgal

Default Prozac

I had a cat that was taking prozac off and on for about 4 years. I never
had a problem with him grooming himself. You may want to ask your vet about
this.

S.
---
wrote in message
One of my cats is definitely insane. I won't bore you with all we've
been through to come to that conclusion, but trust me when I say, he's
crazy. He's been on Prozac for two months and it's been great! I was
concerned how it would affect him, but he seems really happy and very
calm, instead of hyper and paranoid, doesn't spray anymore, and we all
get a good night's sleep now. My only concern is that he seems to
have lost any interest in taking care of himself. He's DSH so there's
no grooming usually, but now I'm combing him every few days because of
all the dead hair, he used to be really meticulous. I'm just
wondering if anyone else had this problem.

Thanks!

Sue