Old April 26th 04, 09:47 PM
Hopitus2

Sounds like a good plan. I want to share something my vets told me when we
brought in a 3-month-old Akita in May, '90, to live w/our then larger group
(about 5) of mature cats. They said look out if you're bringing in kittens
or cats to an incumbent household full of mature dogs......but if the Akita
grew up w/our cats, they would soon show him who was running things here.
And that's exactly what happened. Although he weighed 130# at his prime, he
never hurt one hair on any of the cats, and was especially fond of Oliver,
who used to sleep with him, nestled between his outstretched paws. Like most
Akitas, though, he was a one-person d-pet, and although never a real d-pet
person, I was his person he loved and was protective of to the death.

"O J" wrote in message
news : On Mon, 26 Apr, TJ" wrote:
:
: Well I am just sorry but I don't like not being owned! I need a furry
master to
: put me in my place. I need rules. I need to know my proper station. I
cannot
: just go through life free!!!!
:
: So... it has been decided that we will be getting 2 kittens.
:
: TJ, I can't begin to tell you how happy this makes me and it will
: do the same for the rest of the group. I know it's not time yet, but
: I'm so glad that you're starting to find room in your heart again.
:
: I really want littermates. So if all goes well we should be properly
ruled by
: some new masters at the end of June or beginning of July.
:
: Littermates! That makes me laugh and reminds me that when Sumo
: picked me out for himself and Natasha (cagemates at the shelter), that
: I was looking at The Siamese Triplets.
:
: My daughter went to that
: random cat name generator and has come up with a list of names for the
kittens,
: she is partial to Ender, Uranus, Fluffy and Homer. (um, I think she
needs to
: keep generating, no offense to Fluffy the dog). I have come up with Loki
and
: Luka so far. Well that's all for now.
:
: Luka, as in Luka Brazzi sleeps with the fishes?
:
: Purrs,
:
: TJ
:
: So relieved that your healing seems to have started.
:
: Regards and Purrs,
: O J Gritmon
: