Old July 10th 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Default OT Ping our mexican cooks

Hey a friend wants me to make Chiles rellenos But he wants meat
I have only done ones with Monterey Jack cheese and long horn

is steak pork or chicken which is a better choice he will eat anything

if it is steak which would be a good cut to use. I want to make this as
authentic as I can

this is the recipe I have made before except I use fresh green chilies from
the whole market when I did this Mexican cuisine

2 (7 ounce) cans whole green Chile peppers, drained
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
8 ounces Longhorn cheese, shredded
2 eggs, beaten
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish
with cooking spray.
Lay half of the chilies evenly in bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle with half
of the Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and cover with remaining chilies. In a
bowl, mix together the eggs, milk, and flour, and pour over the top of the
chilies.
Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, pour tomato
sauce evenly over the top, and continue baking another 15 minutes. Sprinkle
with remaining Jack and Cheddar cheeses, and serve.