Old August 12th 03, 12:10 AM
John Biltz

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:52:55 -0700, wrote
(in message ):

John Biltz wrote:

Clorox is chlorine. Chlorine is a poison.

It's bleach, right?

I've seen ants in Panama an inch long and as thick as my thumb.

Wow taking out ruler - my thumb is about 3/4 of an inch (about 2.25
cm) in width. That would make this an almost *square* ant! Squick!!!

One bit one of the guys and we found him unconscious about half and
hour later in shock.

Was he allergic,

Probably at least a little but he never knew it.

or was it a venomous ant?

Yes but not normally fatal, a bee is venomous, they told us in survival
training it packed a good wallop.

Did he survive?

Yes, I don't know if he would have if he wasn't medevaced though.

Remind me not
to go to Panama!

Its a jungle there. Triple canopy jungle as a matter of fact.