Old April 10th 04, 06:32 AM
LOL

itty (Sherry ) wrote in message ...

Let me get this straight. You see bobcats in your suburban neighborhood as
commonly as domestics? *Suburbs"?
I know bobcats are a threat; we have them here. But it's a rare thing for them
to be seen in the daytime, near the house. . You must have a *tremendous*
bobcat population...Has a news crew covered this yet? Are they even educatiing
people about leaving garbage out, etc., to prevent encouraging them further?
You're also very lucky you weren't seriously injured yourself.

Sherry

There are more of them out there, and closer to us, than you would
think. I used to live in a town of appx. 23,000 people, one block off
the main street through town. When I got home late, I routinely
scared a bobcat out of the dumpster of our apartment complex; he'd
leap out and run when my headlights would shine on the dumpster as I
turned in.

I live in a very small town (pop appx. 3,000) in a fairly large county
that's mostly rural, and it's not uncommon to see a bobcat running
across the road. The local police have said that you could be
*amazed* at the wildlife roaming the street in the middle of the
night. Bobcats, coyotes, the occasional bear, etc. You can find
alligators basking on warm paved roads near ponds on any summer night.
We also have panthers, but they are rare, and are mostly, but not
always, found waaay out in the woods. One memorably stalked our
in-the-city-limits neighborhood for several days before heading back
to friendlier territory, and a few d*gs disappeared during that time.

------
Krista
Whose Mikey does NOT go out after dark. Ever.