Old July 14th 05, 06:16 AM
Kitkat

He is a Bengal cat... if that helps any of you experts. Oh...
PAWSFORTHOUGHT... he is declawed... and come to mention it... most of
the major problems have taken place since then. Why do you ask? You
seem concerned... I am now too. The vet recommended it for his breed
and personality. I always trust professionals... Should I not? He
said there were no drawbacks and/or side effects. ???

If this is the case...that the problems started after the declaw, it is
likely that something about the litterbox is painful for him. He
associates the box with pain and therefore wont use it.

I find it hard to believe that a VET recommended a declaw!!! There are
side effects and they are behavioral.

You may also wish to have him back to a *different* vet to check kitty's
paws to make sure that he isnt suffering from a bad declaw job. It can
happen and cause the cats a lot of pain.