Old April 26th 06, 03:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Broke Down: Fed 'Em Soft Food (Also, Iams?)

wrote:

: Microwaved it. Then stirred well. Then poked my finger into it to make
: sure it wasn't TOO hot (like making sure the baby's formulas not too warm).
: Had to be sure to cover the dish while heating...

I do about the same but am often lazy about covering. She is more
accepting of rewarmed food if I use very low power setting (2 out of
10), then it splatters and pops less. Still it would be best to cover,
which would also prevent smells from mixing.

: My roommates could never understand why I went to all that trouble. "You
: heat your cat's food?". I had to explain that is wasn't just that the food
: was room temp again, its that heating released all the wonderful smells
: (phew!) that cats like. Preferred the roommates odd looks to the sad looks
: the cats gave me when I gave them ice-cold food.

I understand. People can be so self-centered. Should serve them
something cold that they like to eat hot.