Old February 7th 08, 05:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Nipsy drags his butt across the floor

"RobZip" wrote in message

"dgk" wrote in message
On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 13:43:34 GMT, Noon Cat Nick
Yup, vet says bring him in for a check. Easy for him to say, I'm at
work and have to teach tonight. No chance of getting out of that one.
And they're closed tomorrow, but vet says there is a chance of abcess
so he should be seen.

Good possibility. One of my tom cats recently had an abcessed anal gland
that drained to the exterior through the skin about 1/2 inch away from his
anus. He never did any scooting or excess grooming. He just turned his
backside towards me one day and there was a 1/2 inch diameter gaping
abcess with all the fur chewed away from the area. It seems to have not
bothered him until it was ready to drain, then he chewed the fur and bit
it open. A one week course of antibiotics and he was good as new - except
for the spot the vet shaved to treat the area. For some reason, poor old
Nacho got very self concious when we would tease him over his bald spot.

Another charming post from cat killer Rob. Thanks so much for posting.