Old February 8th 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Petzl

Default Nipsy drags his butt across the floor

On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 08:06:54 -0500, dgk wrote:

On Wed, 06 Feb 2008 17:40:25 GMT, Noon Cat Nick
wrote:

dgk wrote:

Yup, vet says bring him in for a check. Easy for him to say, I'm at
work and have to teach tonight. No chance of getting out of that one.
And they're closed tomorrow, but vet says there is a chance of abcess
so he should be seen. I'm to watch him tonight (like I wouldn't
anyway) and if I see any odd behavior I take him to the emergency
(that means more expensive) vet. Otherwise I take him in on Friday
morning.

Well, just notice if he repeats the behavior. If he doesn't as far as
you can tell, it might just've been a one-time thing; maybe he needed to
scratch there, and scooting was the only way he could do that. But still
keep your appt. with the vet.

He was absolutely normal, or I suppose, as normal as he ever is. I'll
have to bring him in soon though.

While cats absolutely hate this you have tried bathing and giving
"worming Paste/pill"

Remember to rinse cat thoroughly after bath (telephone shower is best)
Cats lick themselves and can be poisoned by residue chemicals

Petzl
--
Only the Irish Leprignomes have remained aloof and their family heritage remains pure and unconfused. Gnome watchers believe that the reason for this stems from the unfortunate events that led to their expulsion from the peat bogs of Ireland in the late 1700s. It is thought that the ambitious Leprignomes encroached on the territorial boundaries of the intellectually superior Leprechauns. The Grand Legislature of Leprechauns banished the ringleaders of this audacious uprising to Australia. As a parting gesture they cast such a powerful spell on the Leprignomes that, even today, they remain too shy to associate with other gnome species.