Old April 11th 05, 02:28 PM
Mary

"Smokie Darling (Annie)" wrote in message
oups.com...

Doe John wrote:
Don't know if this happens with anyone else's cat. With the wet food,
my cat will usually try to cover the dish with anything on the ground
such as , plastic wrap, junk mail, and empty carton, etc. Recently,
she has aslo done that with the dry food. This evening, she covered
both dishes with saran wrap that used to be on the ground next to the
garbage can. Once, she completely covered the dish with an empty
orange juice carton!!!!

She covers th dishes with a digging motion with one paw. Ididn't know
housecats buried their food. My cat spent her kitenhood in the city
streets, so I wonder if that was a habit of hers to protect a limited
food supply. She gets fed plenty now!!!

Well, all my cats do that, and two have never been outside. I think
it's an instinctual thing. Of course, that's a new theory (as of right
now), since I used to think it was because of having more than one cat,
so...

Smokie Darling (Annie)

It is instinctive. When I had one cat, she did it. Now only Cheeky does,
of my current two. It is so insulting when one slaves over a hot
can opener to have them try to cover it like it is poo!