Old June 26th 05, 07:41 PM
jmcquown

"Gracecat" wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:
Let me preface this by saying that I love my mother. She is a good
person, she's kind-hearted, and she doesn't mean to hurt anyone.

It's just that she seems to have no filter between her brain and her
mouth.

Oh, don't let it bug you. Mine was the same way. Unfortunately, I lost
her at 19. Maybe your mom thinks it's her job to tell you. I remember
once wearing a new outfit I thought I just looked like the cat's
pajamas in, and my mom's remark was, "Aren't you getting a little
hippy?" (hippy in those days meaning, a big butt)
Now there's nobody to tell me when I look hippy :-(

Sherry

You look hippy.

Gracie
a mother is a mother is a mother

LOL! Don't forget to add "...in that outfit". It's the mom's way of making
the criticism sound like it's not really the daughter's fault... except it
is because she chose the outfit!