Old December 6th 04, 05:55 PM
mlbriggs

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:53:49 -0500, JB wrote:

Right around US Thanksgiving every year, Buck seems to get it into her
head that it's time to do something that looks like a heat cycle.
Trilling, yowling (though not *that* loud), "presenting," rolling
around on the floor and pulling herself along her back by her front
claws, all that stuff. (No spraying, though, and I couldn't be more
thankful for that.) From late November through February or March,
she'll do this for a week or two at a time, knock it off for a few
weeks, and start back up again.

The first time she did this, I had had her for about a month, and she
wasn't yet spayed. She went through it on-and-off until I had her
spayed in early February, and that was it for the season. But then
she started up again late the following November, and she just started
it a couple days ago for the first time this season. (Grizzly, on the
other hand, is most likely Buck's littermate sister but has never
done anything like this, and she was spayed at the same time as Buck.)

I don't imagine there's much I can do about this, is there? Most of
the time, it's just annoying, but sometimes Jimmer gets really
stressed out by all the extra attention Buck gives him and starts
hissing at her a lot and running away, so I feel bad for him. If
anyone has any thoughts on this situation, I'd appreciate hearing
them... thanks!

On a completely unrelated note, I felt I just had to share some
pictures I took yesterday of Jimmer and Grizzly snoozing together:

http://web.mr-happy.com/~jfb/ablum/p...rizzly-08.html
http://web.mr-happy.com/~jfb/ablum/p...rizzly-09.html
http://web.mr-happy.com/~jfb/ablum/p...rizzly-10.html

Jeff