Old January 7th 07, 01:46 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dewi

Default Cats and Milk

Adrian A wrote:
jmcquown wrote:
I know I've posted about this before but just curious. I keep
hearing that milk is bad for cats, yet I grew up hearing about "cats
and cream" (or milk). I know lots of people buy special "milk" for
cats; goats milk and soy milk. When Persia first came to me I asked
the vet about giving Persia milk. He said no problem, just not in
large quantities. It's the one "treat" I can give her.

I drink low-fat milk. When Persia sees the milk jug come out of the
refrigerator she starts yowling until I pour a couple of
tablespoonfuls in a bowl for her. She's never had any adverse
reactions to milk.

How about your cats?

Jill

It's the milk sugar, lactose, that is bad for some cats, giving them the
runs. The lactose is removed for milk commercially produced for cats.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

The lactose free milk produced for human is actually cheaper than the
cat milk. I use to buy this for my critters when they were kittens.

Dewi