Old January 7th 07, 04:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

Default Cats and Milk

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I know I've posted about this before but just curious. I keep hearing that
milk is bad for cats, yet I grew up hearing about "cats and cream" (or
milk). I know lots of people buy special "milk" for cats; goats milk and
soy milk. When Persia first came to me I asked the vet about giving
Persia
milk. He said no problem, just not in large quantities. It's the one
"treat" I can give her.

I drink low-fat milk. When Persia sees the milk jug come out of the
refrigerator she starts yowling until I pour a couple of tablespoonfuls in
bowl for her. She's never had any adverse reactions to milk.

How about your cats?

Jill

I just figure they don't need it, and I know it can make kittens sick
sometimes. I've never had a cat that seemed all that interested anyway.
But if I'm sharing quarters with a cat, I don't want to risk something that
"might" give them the runs.

Jo