Old January 9th 06, 11:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default My birthday gift to Mom

Jo Firey wrote:
"jmcquown" wrote in message
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...39952227XRIzpj

Jill

How lovely. My aunt used to collect those. Only the one you show
here is more unique than any of hers I remember.

Jo

My Scottish grandmother collected them and mom took up the tradition. Then
mom inherited some of her mom's and kept going from there. I used to go
with my father to the jewelry store to help pick out the new Doulton for
Mom's birthday. Now, of course, online makes it all so much easier! And
she hasn't gotten a new one in almost 10 years. It arrived a bit early but
Mom is thrilled and Dad commented on how nice a gift it was. I expected to
get a lecture about wasting my money but, nope, didn't happen! Hey, you
only turn 80 once, right? I'm lucky I can remember which ones she already
has

Jill