Old March 26th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default How many times a day should I feed Tessie?

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:43:41 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Helen Miles wrote:
"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message

She eats dry Science Diet kitten kibble, so how much should I
put out at a time, and how often does she really NEED to eat, since
she's about five months old?///

Lily eats *ALL* the time (she's about the same age as Tessie), but
fortunately I don't have the problem you have with the others. What i
would do, is see how much it says to feed on the sack, add 10% and
then split it into 4 meals.

If she's constantly crying for food, add more, if she leaves some,
feed less.

Helen M

Of course, doesn't matter how fat they are or whether or not they are really
hungry, all cats are starving all the time. I think it's a law

Tessie's being obstinate... I put a handful of kibble in her bowl this
morning thinking I'd give her more whenever she went up there and
looked hungry... so what did she do? She nibbled at it and left half
of it there all day long. I just heard munchings and crunchings and of
course it was Silver filling her tummy - I shooed her down and turned
my back and five seconds later there she was again! I had to spray her
to chase her away from it...