Old April 17th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Cats Home Alone

Nancy Prentice wrote:
Am considering leaving my 2 indoor cats at home alone while I go on a
7 day vacation. Nobody available to do the pet-sitter thing. If they
have the run of the house, plenty of food and water, extra litter
boxes, toys, and each other -- do you think that this is a feasible
plan? I don't see any problem other than the fact that they will be a
bit "anti-social" for a day or two once I return. Cats seem to get
over it much easier than people!

If you're gone for 7 days - what about burglars/robbers? Fire? Storms that
damage the house (be it hurricane, tornado or just high winds & rain, hail
or what)? The kitties could be injured, killed or escape!

I would be too worried to enjoy the vacation if I left them home alone!
Even for 2 nights (did that, and we worried the whole drive home).

If there's no friends or relatives to look in on them on a daily basis,
consider hiring a professional pet-sitter, or taking them to be boarded at a
reputable kennel that accepts cats (and keeps them separate from the doggie
area).