Old April 22nd 06, 12:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Cats Home Alone

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 01:53:37 -0400, Nancy Prentice wrote:

Am considering leaving my 2 indoor cats at home alone while I go on a 7
day vacation. Nobody available to do the pet-sitter thing. If they have
the run of the house, plenty of food and water, extra litter boxes,
toys, and each other -- do you think that this is a feasable plan? I
don't see any problem other than the fact that they will be a bit
"anti-social" for a day or two once I return. Cats seem to get over it
much easier than people!

7 days is too long. Even 4 is pushing it.

Don't you know anybody at all? Any friends? Any neighbors who don't
hate you?

I've on several occasions had a neighbor catsit. I'll usually bring
a gift back from vacation as "payment." Or leave a case of beer in the
fridge. Depends on the neighbor.