Old April 22nd 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.misc

Default Cats Home Alone

Thanks to everyone who responded with your opinions.

I have a security alarm system which nobody (whom I know) wants to touch
- so they have declined to check-in on my 2 cats while I am away. I have
one neighbor who is willing to help put -- he is an alcohalic and often
drunk (don't trust him).

Other than your concerns about "stale" water and "dirty" litter boxes, I
am still not hearing any good resons to be fearful about leaving my 2
healthy, adult cats alone at home for a week. As far as house fires,
lightening strikes etc. -- those scenarios would be tragic even if I was
home. So I wonder if your are transferring your human dislike of being
alone onto cats? My cats seem to sleep about 60% of the time any way.

- Nancy