Old April 24th 05, 06:58 AM
-L.

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
I will look out for her to the best of my ability. I won't hold her
captive against her will once she has raised the kittens and been
spayed.

She will most likely split, but come to feed. That's the most common
behavior for released TNR'ed cats, IME.

I think she will maintain the relationship. After all, she alerted

me
to her presence under the house by making a racket in the ductwork

for
several consecutive nights, which stopped as soon as I started

feeding
her. She allowed herself to be trapped less than 24 hours after
seeing how the trap works. She is frightened, but she is accepting

my
help. Once she has a litter of tiny kittens, my bathroom will
probably seem like the ideal place to be, and she might begin to

sense
how I fit into the big picture.

Charlie

You never can tell. If she was previously owned, she may warm up to
you fairly quickly. If she was born feral, she may never really ever
be "pet"-like. I suspect if you release her she will revert to 100%
feralness within a short period of time, but may still come to feed.
Either way, it's good that you'll be getting the kittens young. They
should tame fairly rapidly.

-L.