Old April 30th 07, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Ken Knecht

Default Pet Food Recall: PURINA UR (MAYBE)

"cybercat" wrote in :

"blkcatgal" wrote in message
. ..
Well, I agree that your best bet is to try and buy foods that don't
have grains. But I have to tell you, that I was greatly surprised
and disappointed when I found out that the pet food company added
rice protein to the food that I was feeding my cat and it was not
disclosed in the ingredients. And the rice protein was tainted with
melamine. I was lucky....the bag of food I had was purchased before
the company decided to change the formula. I try to feed my cats
grain free foods, especially my one guy that has food allergies.

Understood. We are trusting these people we don't know with the lives
of our pets, and we really have no choice in the matter. It's tough.

Sure we have a choice. Make your own cat food. I just got a book and am
researching the process. After purchasing the required vitamins, minerals
and other additives it doesn't look that difficult. I'll soon find out.

--
Untie the two knots to email me

Every silver lining has a cloud.