Old May 24th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Default OT. New physiotherapy tomorrow

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message

In the meantime, any chance of trading your car in on one with automatic
transmission? That might bring the driving days closer.

I have thought about this, but it would be a last resort. I've had my car
for a number of years and it's very reliable as I keep it well serviced.
Automatic cars are not very popular here, so it's not easy to get them
second hand.
I've even thought of buying a cheap 2nd hand mobility scooter that I can
operate with my right hand and selling it again afterwards when I can
drive again.
ATM, I do not want to part with my car. He has a name, Mr F due to his
number plate MRF and I bought him from a 90 y o man called Mr Field. Plus
he is so reliable, starts first time, every time.
I've never driven an automatic car either.

Tweed

Okay. I do understand how you feel about your car. I love mine, too, but
it is an automatic. It is a lot easier to learn to drive an automatic than
what used to be called a standard shift, though. Your main problem would be
training yourself not to shove your left foot through the floor when you
change speeds. ;-)

I see very few cars that aren't automatic shift. Where do you live?

Joy