Old March 18th 06, 06:53 PM posted to alt.cats,alt.pets.cats,rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Behavior modification; cats and strangers

Ryan Robbins wrote:

: Do you know whether the cat is homeless? Have you tried
: to find out who owns it?
:
: If nobody owns it, keep it indoors. It shouldn't be roaming
: around anyway.

She lives among 5-6 interconnected yards. AFAIK she does not venture
beyond these and does not need to cross any road or traffic. I only
worried about her comfort during the coldest of winter days, otherwise
she is safe and can be said to have her pick of many homes (lawns,
bushes, garages, space under porchs, etc). She seems more attacched to
one particular yard, so that may have been her home once. Or maybe she
just likes it there. She is well known and accepted, but no one I could
talked to remembers any real "owners" or when and where from she came.

As this "advice" keeps coming up, I have explained before that some in
our family are opposed to taking in a pet, and she herself shows no
desire to stay beyond 2-3 hours max.