Old November 29th 16, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Just dropping in

Christina Websell wrote:

it was more than scary. I laid at the bottom of the stairs all night. I did
have my cell phone but I dropped it, and when I felt for it there was broken
glass around me so I decided to wait until it was light to find it. My
hair, all of it, was soaked with blood. Anyway, I got help when I found my
phone in the morning..It was a long night lying there with a broken leg and
back. And thinklng "what if my phone is out of battery?" Luckily it wasn't.

Oh my god, that's terrible! I knew your injuries were severe, but I didn't
realize you had gone through such a long, scary night before being able to
get help. I think it was smart of you to wait until you could see, before
hunting for the phone, rather than trying to get up right then, in the dark.
With a spinal injury, moving around could have made it much worse.

I have to chime in with my agreement about the medical emergency pendant.
I think they're expensive, but in your case, maybe it's covered by NHS, at
least partially? You certainly have a legitimate need for one! I'm still
wondering about what you said about possibly sleepwalking. You've had more
accidents on those stairs than could be explained by coincidence. When
you're in a more stable (and recovered) condition, I hope you'll get that
checked out.

Joyce
--
If you can't operate your turn signal, what makes you think you can drive
the rest of the car? -- bumper sticker