Old April 8th 05, 10:07 PM
John Doe

(Sidhe) wrote:

Before she gets in the litter box she's started to go through a
really elaborate display, puffing up her tail and making deep
and really loud gutteral "calling" crys (sounds like a "wa-wa"
rather than a "meow") next to it. When she's done with the
display, she just gets into the box and does her business - no
noise, no mess, no fuss, no discomfort.
Then she gets out, walks about a foot away from the box and
repeats
the tail puffing and noise display. The vet has confirmed she's
not in pain or anything when urinating or defacating.

She might be lonely. Lower animals depend on smell more than we
do. She might be trying to attract attention. It could be some sort
of ritual.

I had not seen tail puffing, that would be useful to notice.

Good luck.

I've had cats all my life and never seen anything like it. It's
like she's advertising the fact she's using the box to me or
something. Any thoughts gratefully received ?