Old December 23rd 10, 10:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bohgosity BumaskiL

Default Cooking for cats with diarrhea

"Bill Graham" wrote in message
Bohgosity BumaskiL wrote:
All ingredients in any recipe are optional.

"SJ" wrote in message
"Bohgosity BumaskiL" wrote in
message ...
That should say 170g Tuna (not mL). I think most tuna for cats is
organ meat, which is cheaper than white, because Iron won't hurt
them.
I hope no one took brewhaha's post seriously.
Tuna is not recommended for cats, especially cats with many
illnesses.

Speak for yourself: You do not recommend Tuna for cats, especially
cats with many illnesses.

Tuna is choice food, because it is entirely meat, and extremely
popular with three of the cats I had or hav. I see no evidence for a
supposition that cats do anything but tolerate carbohydrates, some
cats more than others.

I was in Safeway a couple of years ago, and they had cans of tuna on sale
for 40 cents a can. Since the cat food was 50 cents a can, (same size can)
I decided to buy a dozen cans or so for my cats. - Big mistake! When I got
home and opened one of these cans, it looked horrible.....Worse than cat
food. My cats wouldn't touch it. I ended up throwing it all away....

Skittles was like that at first, even with Salmon; didn't like the smell,
and Stevie's enthusiasm for Tuna and Salmon eventually caused Skittles to
try it. Perhaps there was one time Skittles was particularly hungry at
dinner-time, too. Skittles will eat either one, now, although she is partial
to her old Turkey and Cheese, despite the moronic Wheat Gluten and Corn it
contains. I wish Stevie knew her own stomach regarding diarrhea. If I could
trust Stevie not to get into it, then I could feed Turkey and Cheese to
Skittles. Cats are lejendary for being finicky; unwilling to try anything
different, which is probably in their own interests, because many cats will
get diarrhea from chaynjez in their food.

Did I mention that eggs are cheaper than Tuna?
_______
To believe it makes it true, therefore it's brain fart.