Old July 7th 16, 10:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Feeding Cats Separately

On 7/7/2016 5:01 PM, dgk wrote:
Before yesterday, I just put out wet food in two bowls in the
bathroom, and had two bowls of dry food out all the time. The four
cats came by at different times, ate, left, came back, ate, etc. That
pretty much worked, particularly for feral Baby who slinks by late at
night or whenever no one is watching.

But Marlo is fat, and requires a senior, easy on the kidney diiet.
Hills wet ID stuff. No dry stuff for at least two weeks because of her
just completed ($1600) dental work.

Nipsy wants to eat at 5 am and starts whining so I've always just
staggered into the bathroom, dropped some wet food into the bowls, and
went back to bed. I can't do that now. So he whines until 7 when I
finally get up, put out 1/4 can of Marlo food, and two bowls of
regular wet. Then I sit there until the other cats walk away from
their food, and wrap it up and put it in the fridge. Luckily Marlo
likes her Marlo food so I'm pretty sure that she'll finish it.

The other cats are starting to understand that things have changed. I
wait until I notice that Baby is in her hiding spot under the bed and
put some food there for her. I leave it for 10 minutes and then take
it away. I give Scooter and Nipsy treats or other food when I can.

Not as easy on me, but we do seem to be adapting to the new eating
situation. I just can never go away I guess because no cat sitter
could do this. It takes an hour to get them all fed. Ugh.

Patience, grasshopper. Actually, I admire anyone who can feed a
bunch of different cats different foods and make sure they all get what
they need. I am sure I could never figure it out.

Jill