Old September 21st 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rhonda

Default Pawing at litter...

I don't think I'd try spraying this cat while he's scratching, since
he's in a litter box. She could very well train him to stop using the
litter box if he's disciplined or scared while in it.

I think I would do all possible to find another place for the box. Is
there any other corner where it will fit? You can put a pretty screen in
front of it so it is out of view if that's the problem.

Good luck,

Rhonda

meeee wrote:

Now I am trying
the spray bottle. The minute she starts scratching, I open the door a crack
and squirt her thoroughly. try and do it without them seeing you, as it will
then seem like the direct result of them scratching. As my girl's very
bright, she seems to be getting the message. Make sure you only do it while
they are scratching, and stop as soon as they stop, so they get the message
that it's about the scratching, not the room or the shower. Just some ideas,
hope they help.