Old July 10th 04, 01:06 PM
Wendy

"Brian Link" wrote in message
My wife and I went with great trepidation down to the rec center where
the neighborhood kid had seen the "missing cat" poster.

It wasn't the stray we've adopted. Much ado about nothing.

But we later found out his origin.. a neighborhood family just decided
they didn't want a cat, so they let him outside and never let him back
in again.

BLink

Glad to hear it wasn't the cat in the poster. One less thing to worry about.

I've heard of many people just locking the cats out. Frequently it seems to
happen when a female turns up pregnant. The people don't want the hassle of
kittens and are too cheap to get the animal neutered.

I had a neighbor move away and just leave her cat, dog and bird in the
house. Her brother came over to clean out the house and took the dog and the
bird - just left the cat to fend for herself.