Old March 24th 05, 02:50 PM
David via CatKB.com

It might be fatty liver disease from not eating, or it could be liver
disease that caused the cat not to eat. Either way, the cat was not eating
and had to be treated, and the adoption organization requested that I use
their vet.

My last cat was 100% problem free for 13 years... I loved my last cat, and
going to the shelter right after made me feel better. I would go every once
in a while when she was living, just to play with the dogs and cats.

I did pay $450 to the emergency vet this past weekend, so I don't think
that's a sign of giving up or not caring. I just do not have any experience
with diseases, biopsies, ultrasounds, bills, etc.

The cat was fine when I first adopted him...but if he is not happy in my
home and has stopped eating..why force things? Maybe he needs to be with a
senior citizen who can pet and play with him all day - which is probably
the situation he was in before.