Old September 5th 06, 03:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Wendy

Default Are These Symptoms An Emergency?

"Paige" wrote in message
oups.com...

Candace wrote:
Paige wrote:
One of my cat's sounds as if his nose is stuffed up, and he has a cold.
My vet is closed for the Labor Day Holiday. Should I bring him to the
emergency vet, or can this wait until tomorrow?

Page

If he's lethargic and/or not eating and acting otherwise sickly, I
would do it today. It may cost more but sometimes time is of the
essence and it's best to not let it get out of hand.

Candace

His appetite hasn't changed, he just doesn't seem himself.

Thanks Candace.

Page

As long as he's still eating and is active it's not an emergency. I would
call your regular vet tomorrow and see if you can get him seen before he
stops eating. The problem is if he gets too congested he can't smell his
food. If he can't smell the food he won't eat it.

You may want to steam up a bathroom and put him in there to see if that
helps unstuff his nose.