Old September 22nd 09, 02:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dgk

Default Hilarious

On Mon, 21 Sep 2009 23:50:14 -0400, Dragoman
wrote:

Stan Brown wrote:
Mon, 21 Sep 2009 04:10:56 GMT from Phil P. :
http://www.break.com/index/dumb-cat-...-to-drink.html

Enjoy.

Is it just me, or do the owners need a good smack upside the head?

It's just you.

This is not funny, it's cruel. They could turn the faucet down to a
trickle, or better they could put some water in a bowl.

It's not cruel, and /is/ a little funny. Remember that you can't
make cats do what they don't want to do (well, /I/ can't). The cat is
fine. The problem here is with the owners (or whoever) that has labeled
the cat "dumb".
In my experience, those cats that drink flowing water from the tap,
actually prefer it that way, and ask for it. Given a choice between
water in a bowl, and flowing, they would choose flowing every time.

I have one of those pet fountains where the water free-falls a bit
before hitting the plastic ramp. Nipsy and Marlo lap it up from the
bowl, but Espy likes to get it in midair.