Old March 18th 12, 09:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Cuddly Licky!

jmcquown wrote:

Persia is only cuddly at bed time or if I'm on the couch reading a book.
She has never attempted to jump anywhere near my computer desk. But I think
it's great your sometimes stand-offish Licky is right there in your arms

Actually, he's more of a scaredy cat than standoffish. If he weren't so
nervous, I think he'd be quite a lover boy. He does demand pettings on my
bed all the time (and often goes into his kneading-the-air trance). It's
just unusual for him to curl up with me for such a long time while I'm
sitting here. He put up with my hands moving (typing and mouse), which
would usually startle him and make him suspicious.

Smudge used to sleep with her chin on my hand. Her head would bounce
up and down as I typed, and would move back and forth when I needed to
use the mouse. She just slept through it.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten