Old March 19th 12, 05:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Cuddly Licky!

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Licky is so unpredictable about affection. Sometimes he can go months
without jumping on the desk to get some pettings while I'm on the
computer. But today he suddenly jumped up on the desk and threw himself
at me. He's been in my arms for at least 15 minutes, purring loudly.
(That might not seem like a long time - it's not for Roxy - but for
Licky, that might be a record.)

He's changed positions a few times, and is now semi-seated on the desk,
front paws on my shoulder. He can be such a sweetie sometimes.

--
Joyce

Persia is only cuddly at bed time or if I'm on the couch reading a book.
She has never attempted to jump anywhere near my computer desk. But I
think it's great your sometimes stand-offish Licky is right there in your
arms

It's great, isn't it?
Boyfie doesn't try to get near my computer either, but since I left him home
alone for so long, twice now, whilst recuperating from my injuries, he has
become quite clingy. The minute I sit down in my armchair he *must* get on
my lap and stay there for as long as possible.
This is quite understandable but I'm hoping he eases off somewhat as I don't
like to disturb him when he is asleep on my knee and I'm getting nothing
done!
I must tell my friends to text me fairly often as I now carry my mobile
phone slung around my waist in case of further bone disasters and the sound
of a text coming in gets him off my knee in an instant. Then it's not my
fault..
I just cannot bear to wake him up when he is so comfy and doing upsidedowny
head.
Yeah, I know, maybe I am a bit soft with him, but he is such a gentle cat
and is so nervous, and he waited for me while I was gone, although I did
insist on hopping there 3 times in case he lost all hope.
I do wish he could become more sociable. Some of my friends don't believe
he exists as the minute the doorbell rings, he is gone. I don't know why
that is - and will never know.
Maybe he is just a nervous type of cat or maybe something bad happened to
him and that is why he was wandering in the first place.
It did not ruin his temperament anyway. He would die rather than scratch or
bite me and he seems to love me more than the whole world.
He will sometimes touch my face very gently with his paw not to ask for
anything but just to do it.
I love him too.

Tweed