Old July 31st 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

Default Boo's Boobie Update

"Cheryl" wrote in message
. ..
"cybercat" wrote in message
She is definitely tired of being felt up.

No new lumps, but I am wondering how long the incision will feel like it
still has stitches in it. (I know it doesn't because I watched them take
them out.)

Scarlett had a nasty wound from when the vet had to go back in after she
got infected spay post op. It took a long time for it to feel normal.
Glad Boo has no new lumps.

Cheryl, do you still use that vet?

The vet said to be ready for tumors to pop up with some regularity, because
mammary tumors tend to be aggressive in cats, so I'll keep checking. The
great thing is, if we are lucky, we can catch them before they become
malignant. If 80% of mammary tumors in cats are malignant, it makes sense to
me that the reason this one is benign may be attributed to the fact that we
caught it early.