Old July 31st 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Claude V. Lucas

Default Anyone want to adopt Princess Chunk?

In article ,
jmc wrote:
Suddenly, without warning, Candace exclaimed (7/30/2008 10:19 PM):
On Jul 30, 10:31 am, "news" wrote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6293971

Poor baby!

Hopefully, with all the attention she's getting, she'll be one of the
lucky ones who wind up with a home (if her owners don't come forward)
instead of on the trash heap like the majority of others.

Candace

I'm not sure it'd be a good thing for the owners to come forward.
Unless this is a medical issues, I believe letting a cat get this fat
could be seen as a kind of abuse. She needs a home where the owner
understands that the dangers of obesity in cats is just as real as the
dangers for humans...

I knew a cat who was a beautiful, sleek calico. Gorgeous, sweet kitten.
I couldn't keep the owners from keeping the cat tied up, even
inside(!), overfeeding her, and feeding her milk every day, so for the 9
years she lived, she had diarrhea, got progressively fatter, and died at
a terribly young age. She probably wasn't much lighter than this cat.
It was heartbreaking. Their previous cat died at age 6, an un-neutered
male that was also kept tied up, and fed people food. At least they
listened to me there, they didn't feed Cat 2 people food, at all.
Except for the milk.

Now that they no longer have a cat, I continue to encourage them to NOT
have any more pets.

I just saw on the news that the owner dumped it because they
didn't want to feed it anymore...

I'll refrain from comment.