Old December 7th 07, 10:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
-Lost

Default Kitten growth rate?

Response to "CatNipped" :

How much do kittens grow from 6 months to a year? Except for
Maine Coons (who can keep growing for up to 5 years - although
with Sammy it's mostly sideways growth ;) - how long do cats keep
growing.

I'm asking because Ozzy is now at 10 pounds. His bro-fur Archer
is only 7.5.

The vet I just called said they have amazing growth for the first year,
intermittent spurts from 2 to 3, and in some cases (I imagine Maine
Coons), spurts up to 5 years.

She also said malnutrition can play a large role -- which is why
devoted slaves see their (healthy) masters double and triple in sizes.

--
-Lost
kidding. No I am not.