Old January 24th 04, 05:12 AM
Steve Touchstone

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:10:23 GMT, Tanada
wrote:

Steve Touchstone wrote:

Before I retired from the Army and took up this landscaping business I
used to spend quite a bit of time fishing in the many lakes on the
refuge. I once had a close encounter with a buffalo, which decided it
wanted a drink where I was fishing. I was fishing on the back side of
the lake and heard something crashing through the woods behind me.
There was no way to make a quick escape, so I ended up wading out to a
rock about 10 yards offshore and watched the monster take a long, half
hour, drink before he wandered back through the woods. BTW, since I
took my rod with me I fished off the rock for a couple hours before
coming back to shore.

Yes, but did you catch anything, other than seeing more buffalo than you
wanted?

Pam S.

Well, don't remember if I caughty anything that day or not. Actually,
the fishing on that lake isn't very good, but the scenery is great.
Since my fishing has always been catch and release, I never worry
about much about catching fish, anyway.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]