Old March 19th 06, 10:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default No trolls but heh, a recipe

Mishi wrote:
On Wed, 15 Mar 2006 05:11:06 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Some folks might recognize this. Mince and Tatties. It's a Scottish
peasant dish. Grandma Hannah Smith Douglas Brown used to make it
and it will be dinner tonight.

1 lb. ground beef
1 c. water
1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
mashed potatoes

Brown 1 lb. ground beef (mince); drain but reserve 1 Tbs. of the
grease/fat. Stir in water and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and
simmer about 30 minutes. Serve over mashed potatoes with some green
peas or beans on the side.

OB Cats: Persia thought since we were awake Peaches should be, too.
So she pawed at the towel that I use to cover Peaches' cage and
meowed at me!

Jill

Hi Jill,

What brand of Worcestershire sauce do you use? We have French's in
the cupboard right now, but I am not that enamoured of the stuff.

Patti

There's only one 'genuine' worcestershire sauce, and that's Lea & Perrins,
all the rest are immitations.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.